Friday, January 29, 2010

New Ghost

Why has such a great bird attracted so many flakes?

Now we have another rumor of an Ivory-billed Woodpecker from someone no one knows. This is embarrassing and discouraging at best.

If I had a sighting and had evidence, I'd shut my mouth until everything was in hand and I could show the world what I had. Additionally, before I made any announcement I'd already have quietly met with all of those who would be qualified experts.

The presentation of a still photo is some level of evidence but since someone is saying "it needs to be developed" then I hope the original negatives will also be submitted so that complete verification of the image is achieved. Who took the picture actually is of little concern as long as an image is real.

After enduring 14 months in the swamp, a later divorce, and then the criticism of some who were not involved and certainly not where I was when my frustrating encounters occurred. I am tired of the rumors. Let's either get this verified (put up) or shut up.




No comments:

Post a Comment