Sunday, November 7, 2010

NO L's in Conservation

I wrote this the other day and it is fast becoming one of my favorite sayings.

There are NO L's in Conservation.

For about 6 months in my public speaking, I've been emphasizing that:

Conserve
Conservative and
Conservation

Are Identical.

Yet there is a group of people who would have us believe that Conservation is Liberal.
Supporting the Environment is NOT A RADICAL LEFTIST PLOT.
I hope that is very very clear. This is science people.

Now anyone getting to this point in my writing is already deep in understanding this. But I see this as Conservative. I mean... come on. Conservation. This the underlying principle for life to exist.

So who would oppose it? Only those who deny basic scientific principles of Biology ( literally bios- Life, ology- speak or study). We breathe oxygen, and exhale carbon dioxide. So do gasoline engines.

I suppose that one could concede that life cycles have indeed been a part of the history of the earth. But to do so threatens the existence of all life. Those in denial of the changes to the living ecosystems of the earth are blind in pursuit of things I understand but no longer find as a personal priority.

For most of my life, I have been in love with birds and nature. I have had greater short term thrills, I've experienced greater temporary highs. But in 2011, I will celebrate 30 years of having adopted a life of sobriety. This has changed me in other less obvious ways to those locked into the superficial life.

I am a rock. Conservation is a hard place.

Figure it out.

There are NO L's in Conservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment